Consultancy specialized in Railway and New Mobility Services
Steffonn Chan advises clients in international growth, business transformation, and project management. He regularly serves global expert networks, including top consultancies and investment firms. Aside from global enterprises in the mobility / transportation and logistics sectors, he also mentors startups through different growth stages.
He brings over 15 years of industry experience and know-how from leading international programs/projects for Deutsche Bahn, as the director of global market management for Sixt Ride, managing director for a logistics technology startup, and has served under different capacities at Bombardier Transportation for 9 years in the areas of engineering, innovation management, operations & maintenance, and bid management. He has been an invited speaker at international conferences and exhibitions on the subjects of new technologies in mobility, as well as having successfully led some of the largest EU funded transportation projects.
Aside from holding PMP and CSM licenses, he holds an Executive MBA from Technische Universität München & UC Berkeley, and a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from Queen’s University.
Business Growth & Transformation
1. Market Entry
- Develop pragmatic execution plan covering full spectrum of functional elements - from staffing, partnering, financing, scheduling, marketing, compliance, to all the business administration required to start revenue generation.
* In the case of Rail industry, this is the mobilization plan for green-field & brown-field projects.
- Analyze & recommend business metrics
- Process analysis & optimization (lean, agile, six-sigma methodologies)
- Develop scalable systematic processes
- Advise on roll-out / training plans to cultivate organizational changes (SMEs and Enterprise level)
- Gap analysis of the people, processes, and tools required to achieve business objectives
Program / Project Management
1. Project Consulting & Support
- Schedule management
- Cost Management
- Risks and Opportunities Management
- Requirements Management
- Establishment of traditional-, agile-, or hybrid- PMOs
2. Project Review & Recovery
- Objective review & feedback on an existing program, project, PMO setup
- Devise schedule compression / recovery plan
3. Training & Coaching
- Applying PM methodologies in
- Leading diverse teams (culture, age, gender, education)